October 30, 2011

Waiting for Santa & Ice Skating Penguin

Hi Everyone

I've finished stitching Margaret Sherry's new freebie "Waiting for Santa".  He's just so cute, I had to stitch him straight away.  Fortunately, I had all but one of the Anchor colours, but I found a similar colour to replace it.

Waiting for Santa


Just click on  Margaret Sherry Kits

I've also stitched an Ice Skating Penguin from "Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas!"  Issue no. 1, which came out in 2008.  This magazine supplied all the threads and aida fabric.  I used the threads provided and hated them.  I also used three strands instead of two, so that it covered the fabric better.  I love the designs but not the threads.




Happy Stitching Everyone




http://maryjoanstitching.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

cucki said...

cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
both are so sweet xxx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Both are great designs. I love them :)

Valma said...

Even if the threads are not what you excepted Mary Joan, these 2 designs are very cute and you made them very well :D

Rita said...

they are so lovely!! Congrats :)

amber said...

Beautiful stitchings. I love the kitty waiting for Santa and have now added that to my "Must Stitch Before Christmas" list, which was already getting pretty long!

Stitching Noni said...

Aren't they adorable! Well done :o)

I had a similar experience recently with some threads in a freebie kit - they kept fraying and snapping!