September 25, 2013

Hello - A New Member

I just wanted to take a moment to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Julie and I live in Florida. Some of you may have even heard of the town I live in: Zephyrhills. No, I was not the Powerball winner back in June :( .  That would have been too easy, lol.

Anyway, I fell in love with cross stitch over 10 years ago and found it to be a great stress relief while studying at Michigan State University. I like a variety of concepts/designs and haven't really figured out who my fave designers are. I do love Margaret Sherry designs mainly because they are fun! I am also fond of larger designs, as you can see in my blog. Besides cross stitch, I enjoy photography and writing. Also evidenced in my blog.

I work for the State of Florida as a Veteran's Employment Rep. I am a Navy veteran. I have a couple of cats that are at once the love of my life and bain of my existence (those of you who love cats may understand). I look forward to learning and sharing from you all on this blog. I have stitched at least 1 MS design, but they are on my portable drive which is currently back home over 1500 miles away (I am in Denver for training for my job). I will post when I return home.

9 comments:

Preeti said...

Welcome , Julie!! Nice to have you here:)

Valma said...

welcome =)
I wish you lot's of fun here
and can't wait to see your pictures =)
hugs from France
xxx

cucki said...

Hello and welcome from South Africa :)
Sending you huge hippos hugs from happy wild land xx

♥ Nia said...

Welcome Jules!!!
I hope you will have fun with our group and meet great new friends :) We all like many designers hehehe I think it's hard to pick just one, for any cross stitcher! But here we share our love for Margaret Sherry's designs, just one of the many we love so much :D hehehe
Have fun!!! :D

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Jules, welcome :)
It's lovely to meet you
Hugs from Australia

Heather said...

Welcome Jules!

Hope you have lots of fun here xxxx

**Ysa** said...

Welcome to the group Jules!

Angel said...

Welcome to the group, enjoy the fun!

Jules said...

Thank you all for the welcomes!