March 5, 2011

When is a "Couch Potato" not a "Couch Potato"?

Hi there!  I don't need to tell you Dear Readers how wonderful Margaret Sherry's designs look when they are stitched up - we all know and love her cats, dogs, hedgehogs etc.  Well, I think I may have a first for you....

My husband is now a Margaret Sherry convert/lover as well but he isn't a cross stitcher - he is a quilter!  Recently he was going through some of my cross stitch mags looking for a small, simple design that he could turn into an appliqued quilt block.  He came across a number of suitable designs and tried out a couple of them, but then I showed him the 2009 Margaret Sherry calendar that came free with the "Cross Stitcher" magazine and he went into raptures.... well, sort of!  I'm pretty sure that he nearly started drooling over the cute little animals though!

Margaret Sherry 2009 Calendar
Freebie from Cross Stitcher magazine 2008
He immediately picked out a number of them that he could transfer and use as an applique quilt block and the first one he has completed is the "Couch Potato" dog.

The orginal design looks like this.....

Couch Potato dog
However, if you want to see what my hubby did with the couch potato you will have to go and visit his blog - Mark's Quilts.  I promise you it is worth seeing.  I am really surprised at how well it turned out!

So yet another source of pleasure is derived from Margaret Sherry's designs!

Til next time

Stitching Noni

1 comment:

Valma said...

Congratulations to your husband Noni !!!
that's so so so great :-)
indeed