August 16, 2011

"Bee Happy" Hedgehog

Finally another small finish, and I really do mean a finish!  After I finished stitching the Margaret Sherry "Bee Happy" hedgehog design I decided to "finish" him off as a little hanging pillow. 

For some strange reason the image of this cute hedgehog as a pillow had been "brewing" in my imagination since I started stitching him.  I knew exactly where to find the perfect piece of fabric to back the pillow with too.  In hubby's stash!!

So I had everything ready to go: one finished piece of stitching, beautiful backing fabric, needles and thread, and a couple of spare hours on a Sunday afternoon.  As sewing machines and I don't generally get on as a rule, I hand stitched the first three sides and then stuffed the pillow and blind stitched side number 4!

Voilà!  We now have a lovely finished hedgehog pillow.

"Bee Happy" designed by Margaret Sherry
Cross Stitcher, June 2010
 
Love this fabric!
 Hubby used it as the border on his "Cat's Meow" quilt.
This is such a happy design, don't you think?  I really loved stitching this design and enjoyed finishing it off as a pillow.  It's not very often that a design gives my imagination such a thump as this one did!  I am really pleased that I allowed my brain to "go with the flow" so to speak.  I do hope that my imagination keeps on bringing ideas to the surface as it might mean I will "finish" off a few more stitched items rather than filing them away in my completed project file.

Pop on over to my blog for further stitching updates!

Til next time,

Stitching Noni

10 comments:

cucki said...

wow..i love it..very sweet stitching..well done xx

Sari said...

How lovely! I like the fabric you used for backing. It really gives a feeling of summer!

Olimpia said...

i love it!!!!

mdgtjulie said...

It's adorable Noni. I love the backing fabby too! Grats on the finished finish!

Unknown said...

Lindo esse gatinho e ficou perfeito com essa combinação e tecido

Beijos

Stitching Noni said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments :-)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Shebafudge said...

That is SO cute - congratulations on a lovely finish!

claudia79 said...

Que trabalhos lindíssimos. Adoro os ouriços-cacheiros.
Beijinhos fofos
claudia79

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

That's lovely. it makes me smile. Gorgeous fabric too.

♥ Nia said...

I love this design, is so sweet!! =)
Great work! Congrats :D